There's more to be discovered in Minneapolis Northwest than you thought!
Attractions, Dining & Entertainment
- Over 220 businesses in the The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes shopping & dining district (made up of the The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes, Main Street Arbor Lakes, and The Fountains at Arbor Lakes)
- Combined, the Arbor Lakes area has more retail square footage than Mall of America!
- Albertville Premium Outlets, a regional favorite, is 15 minutes northwest of us
- Mall of America is also within easy reach
- 200+ restaurants in Minneapolis Northwest
- Minneapolis Northwest is home to the state’s only Whirlyball location
- Brooklyn Center is home to Surly Brewing Company, an award-winning brewery that led the charge in Minnesota to make it legal for micro-breweries to operate taprooms. They’ve since added a destination taproom in Minneapolis and now operate the Brooklyn Center facility as their primary production brewery
- There are 40+ area breweries and wineries in the Twin Cities with new ones popping up each month.
- Brooklyn Park is home to the new Skaalvenn Distillery
Sports & Outdoor Recreation
- Minnesota has more golfers per capita than any other state
- Minneapolis Northwest is home to 2 championship golf courses, Rush Creek and Edinburgh USA
- Nearly 10,000 acres of parks throughout our area
- 9 pristine lakes
- 170+ miles of paved trails
- 66+ multi-use fields
- 7+ multi-functional sport complexes
- 30 softball fields in our area & home to Todd Anderson Field, the first competitive field for wheelchair softball in Minnesota
- Our area is only 15 minutes from Target Field
- Elm Creek Park Reserve has one of the top dog parks in the nation, according to USA Today
Welcome to the Minneapolis Northwest Tourism Media Room! Here you’ll find the basic information on our area, the latest happenings, story ideas, photo gallery and more.