Stay and play in Minneapolis Northwest – an affordable location just outside the Twin Cities outfitted with versatile facilities, hotels, restaurants, shopping and entertainment to meet your every need. We make event planning easy. Ask about our complimentary services and our Event Assistance Fund to help offset the cost of your event!
New Multi-Use Turf Fields - Summer 2019!
Minneapolis Northwest is excited to introduce the stunning new Fernbrook Athletic Fields Complex in Maple Grove, coming summer 2019. These new fields are conveniently located next to district and community athletic facilities and several ballfields and sports courts. They will serve as a practice facility for Maple Grove sports associations and schools, and as a regional tournament-quality venue for soccer, football and lacrosse. The Fernbrook Athletic Fields will also host community gatherings and serve as a rental facility for events. Features include:
- Four full-size lighted synthetic turf fields for soccer, football and lacrosse
- Team practice and warm-up area
- Public park including a multi-age playground, plaza, picnic pavilion, restrooms and concessions
- Space and facilities for community events, food trucks and other gatherings
- Ample parking, including high school student parking during off-peak complex hours
These new fields open summer 2019 and are already accepting bookings for 2020. Now is a perfect time to let Minneapolis Northwest help you set up your next event! Contact Katie Lofrano, Business Development Manager, for detailed information on our new turf fields and the various sports markets we serve: basketball, volleyball, bowling, field sports, football, track, championship golf and disc golf, racquetball, handball, hockey, tennis, baseball and softball. Don't forget to ask about our Event Assistance Fund!
Explore All That Minneapolis Northwest Has to Offer:
- Wide range of sporting venues for various levels of competition. View our Facilities page for individual venue information.
- NEW multi-use turf fields - details above!
- Conveniently located 10-15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and the National Sports Center in Blaine
- 2,400+ area hotel rooms
At Minneapolis Northwest Tourism, we’re here to match you with the right venue for your events, assist with lodging and connect you to the best resources. Our complimentary services include:
- Coordinate facility site tours; arrange room blocks and host hotels
- Assist with event sponsorships and partnerships
- Easy-to-use Event Assistance Fund to help offset your event costs
- Provide visitor information, such as restaurant, dining and entertainment options