Creative Services Manager
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for creating, managing and maintaining all visual marketing assets such as digital display ads, print marketing pieces, photography, and videography in support of Minneapolis Northwest brand standards and creative identity of MNW Tourism.
Creative Services Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
1) Marketing Design and Management
- Create, revise, and develop advertisements, collateral, merchandising and branding materials for a variety of media outlets such as print, video, web and social media.
- Oversee the design of visual projects that are needed from various departments (i.e., customized sales materials, facility art and signage, departmental brochures/hand-outs, etc.).
- Manage design projects from design through production with careful attention to detail.
2) Video / Photography
- Capture photographs and video of events, locations, people, and other illustrative and educational material for use in MNW publications, presentations, and online.
- Manage MNW photo stock gallery to fulfill requests for digital photos, video that include city attractions, events, hotels, and restaurants. Ensure adequate photo options exist and are properly maintained (labeled and filed, etc.) and updated regularly.
- Shoot, edit and publish creative videos for use throughout our website and social outlets.
- Re-edit existing videos and repurpose into video clips for other highly customized usage.
- Select and upload images for website updates (seasonally, and more as needed).
- Manage crowd-sourced image galleries to keep libraries and website images current and fresh. Using Crowdriff platform, manage rights for imagery.
3) Internal Client Services
- Collaborate with MNW staff to determine scope and requirements for projects.
- Brief and advise staff regarding design style, format, production, timelines, and current project status.
- Collaborate with all members of the marketing team on marketing projects.
- Interact, respond and communicate in a proactive, positive and timely manner with other staff.
4) External Relationships
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors to obtain price quotes, delivery deadlines and highest quality.
- Interact, respond and communicate in a proactive, positive and timely manner with event attendees, partners, vendors, seminar speakers, and the general public.
- Remain current regarding database and website functionality and assist other staff in navigating changes to the systems.
- Train new staff on database and website functionality.
- Help to troubleshoot topics/issues that arise related to database and website functionality.
- Update and maintain photo and video assets and accurate event listings/partner pages, etc., in the database and on website pages.
- Prepare Google Analytics and other reporting methods, when requested.
1) Performs miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as needed by management.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing or related field required.
- Three or more years’ experience in a design/creative role required.
- Experience with design software required (Publisher, Adobe, InDesign, other). Software most often used includes Final Cut Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Website design and maintenance experience required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software.
- Possess video, photography and related editing skills.
- Must provide marketing, photography and/or video portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent visual and creative, marketing design and photography/video skills.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and editing skills to write and proof marketing materials and website content.
- Able to continually develop and enhance graphic design expertise in related computer applications including InDesign, web and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Effective networking skills; able to represent MNW to the community at local, regional and sponsored events.
- Strong collaboration skills; able to work as an effective and proactive team player with individuals in and out of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities, including developing relationships with vendors, community members, Board members and staff.
- Self-starter with able to work independently, meeting high professional standards. Able to plan, prioritize and manage own work. Able to make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Detail oriented and well organized; strong project management skills; able to juggle multiple priorities and meet various goals and deadlines.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information about the organization and the community.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- Hear and speak in order to use telephone and communicate with people both in and out of the office environment.
- Apply manual dexterity for computer keyboarding and office equipment use.
- Able to move about for reaching, bending, stooping, etc. to perform office-related activities.
- Possess visual acuity to review detailed reports and information.
- Perform occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 30 pounds and physical activity such as setting up meeting rooms, moving chairs/tables, etc.
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work sitting at a computer.
- Able to travel off-site to meetings, trade shows and other related events,
- Possess a current Minnesota driver’s license and valid insurance. Must have dependable transportation.
- Must be willing and able to work during and outside of traditional business hours. This position occasionally requires travel and attending events at night and on weekends. This position requires working 45 or more hours per week as needed.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to:
- Use computers, telephone, calculator, copy machines, printers and other office equipment.
- The work environment is primarily indoors. There is some exposure to the outdoors and inclement weather when periodically traveling on errands, attending meetings and events, or performing other business outside the office.
This job description does not necessarily list all the functions or accountabilities of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform additional duties and tasks and employees are expected to continually assess where their assistance would benefit their coworkers and the organization and step in to fill those gaps. Management reserves the right to revise and update job descriptions at any time.