41. Some of the best Broadway shows travel to Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Take your date to one of the many shows that hit Hennepin Theatre Trust's Orpheum Theatre.
42. Bring a little class to your next date night out with a trip to the opera. The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts hosts the Minnesota Opera every September through April.
43. Looking for a date idea that's a little more inexpensive? Try going to a smaller, local theatre like the Yellow Tree Theatre or Lyric Arts Main Street Stage. They're just as professional and fun as a larger theatre.
44. Brave New Workshop specializes in bringing audacious, hilarious original comedy and improv to Twin Cities audience, often playing off current news and pop culture stories.
45. Combine dinner and a show into one single event at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres. It's the largest professional dinner theatre in the country.
46. Looking for an interactive theatre date? Take your date to a murder mystery comedy dinner show helpd every week in Minneapolis.
47. Take your date to the largest regional playhouse in the country - the Guthrie Theater. Afterwards, enjoy the romantic view of the Mississippi River by walking out onto their endless bridge.
48. Learn the art of dance together at the Cowles Center for the Performing Arts. Their calendar is chock-full of contemporary, ethnic and hip-hop dance, plus ballet and theatre.
49. HUGE Improv Theatre is improv comedy at its finest. You and your date will spend the night laughing together and think "how in the world do they come up with this stuff?"
50. For a truly unique theatre experience, you can’t beat Theatre in the Round, where the audience fully surrounds the actors! The theater’s arena stage, coupled with remarkable lighting and sound effects, make every production one-of-a-kind.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Sign up to recieve our monthly e-newsletter with all the latest events and happenings in Minneapolis Northwest and beyond.