51. Spend a day at the races! At both Canterbury Park and Running Aces Harness Park, you and your date can watch horses race, place bets on your favorites and take part in various activities that take place throughout the season.
52. As soccer becomes more popular in America, take your date to see Minnesota’s only professional soccer team: Minnesota United. Cuddle in the bleachers and cheer with the crowd.
53. If your date is an American football fan, surprise them with tickets to a Minnesota Vikings or Minnesota Gophers game. The two of you will be surrounded by excitement, entertainment and fans of all ages dressed in purple & yellow and maroon & gold.
54. Not into traditional sports? Attend a Minnesota Rollergirls derby and watch the girls fight it out! It may not be the most romantic date idea, but at least it's fun.
55. Minnesota is known as The State of Hockey; why not take your date to a Minnesota Wild game with a crowd of dedicated fans? The roar and chants of the fans can make your date loosen up and cheer along for your favorite team.
56. Take one of your hobbies and turn it into a date by signing up for a walk/run taking place around the Twin Cities. You can try something new and make meaningful memories by helping out a good cause, as most walks/runs benefit an organization.
57. Baseball is America’s sport; with an experience like no other live sporting event. At a Minnesota Twins or St. Paul Saints game, take in the atmosphere, the classic baseball food and don’t forget to buy that foam finger for your date.
58. Whether you’re a beginner or advanced, golfing is a great day date. Spend some time talking to one another, work on each other’s swings and create some playful competition.
59. Seeing the Minnesota Timberwolves or the Minnesota Lynx is always an entertaining date idea. Grab some beers and food; relax and enjoy the game together. Who knows, you might end up on the kiss cam.
60. Many people may not know that Minnesota has a professional women's hockey team call the Minnesota Whitecaps. See this championship-winning team and you and your date will gain a new favorite Minnesota team in the process.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Sign up to recieve our monthly e-newsletter with all the latest events and happenings in Minneapolis Northwest and beyond.