11. Take in a show at the iconic First Avenue music club in Minneapolis, made famous by Prince’s 1984 film Purple Rain.
12. Laugh your butt off at one of Acme Comedy Club’s hilarious comedy shows in Minneapolis. Shows are six nights a week with an open mic night on Monday and national headliners throughout the week.
13. Enjoy an evening out at Town Green in Maple Grove. This band shell hosts FREE summer music and entertainment performances. Bring a chair or blanket if you want to cuddle on the lawn.
14. At the New Hope Cinema Grill, you can get that dinner-and-a-movie date without ever leaving your seat! They also have live comedy on the weekends by local and national comedians.
16. If you’re looking for jazz in Minneapolis the Dakota Jazz Club is the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s one of few establishments to serve a full menu paired with world-class music performances seven nights a week.
17. There is always an interesting show going on at the Fine Line Music Cafe.
18. Take a date in the middle of the week! Delight in Rush Creek Golf Club’s Sounds at Sunset in Maple Grove. Listen to live music while overlooking their beautiful golf course Wednesdays in the summer.
19. Take a trip back to the 1940s by going swing dancing with your sweetheart. Wabasha Street Caves in Saint Paul has swing night every Thursday night with a live band – beginners are certainly welcome.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter with all the latest events and happenings in Minneapolis Northwest and beyond.