Moms Weekend Away: Reinvigorate the Mind, Body and Soul
Moms, take a deep breath. You’ve made it through the busy holiday season, so it’s time to treat yourself to some blissful relaxation by blocking off your calendar and unwinding with a weekend away in Minneapolis Northwest. From salons to spas, we’ve got you covered for a zen-tastic experience that will leave you feeling rejuvenated.
Hit the Refresh Button
Eager to update your hairstyle? Freshen up that nail color? Reinvigorate with a facial? You’re in luck because the Minneapolis Northwest area has several salons/spas where you can retreat for some rest and relaxation. So gather your mom friends or go solo for a weekend getaway!
Simonson’s Salon & Spa
Recognized as one of the Twin Cities’ “Top 25 Women-Owned Businesses” and one of “America’s Fastest Growing Salons” for 10 years in a row, Simonson’s Salon & Spa in Maple Grove will renew your spirit. As an industry leader, Simonson’s Salon & Spa offers a full range of services from head to toe. Bonus tip – Their day spa gives customers the option of choosing packages with fun themes that include:
- About Face
- Express facial, cosmetic application, blowout and a spa gift
- Luxe manicure/pedicure, body polish and a spa gift
- Diva for a Day
- Relaxation massage, express facial, spa manicure/pedicure, blowout, cosmetic application, café lunch and a spa gift
- Samunprai massage, luxe manicure, express facial, collagen pedicure, a haircut with restructuring treatment/blowout, café lunch and a spa gift
Sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
Taj Salon & Spa
Located in Brooklyn Park, the Taj Salon & Spa is a perfect place to escape for some peace and relaxation. This award-winning salon and spa is a 2017 Salon Today 200 winner that offers quality services for haircare, nails, skincare, airbrush tanning, massages, spa packages and makeup application. Bonus tip – try a body wrap! Here is what you can expect:
- Beautifying Body Wrap
- A warming, detoxifying, seaweed body wrap treatment featuring the uplifting aroma of Aveda’s beautifying body-care products. The treatment includes a dry, exfoliation seaweed masque with a scalp and face massage, as well as a foot reflexology treatment.
- Rosemary Mint Body Wrap
- The skin is exfoliated, moisturized and wrapped. While the Rosemary awakens the senses, the body will be balanced with a scalp and foot massage.
Talk about a reinvigorating way to spend your time!
From straight to curly and black to blonde, Ta’s Salon in Brooklyn Center will help create the hairstyle you’re dreaming of by offering a thorough consultation during your first visit. Although they specialize in haircare, you can also stay for a manicure, pedicure or facial. Bonus tip – facials are given on Thursdays and Saturdays – perfect for a weekend getaway!
Personalized attention to give you the look you desire!
Dedicated to empowering their customers with the knowledge to be confident leaders, Etica Salon in Maple Grove provides educational style tips with every appointment! Their experts help customers maintain healthy hair by teaching them how to recreate their new style at home. Etica Salon specializes not only in haircare, but also offers facials as well. Bonus tip – take a boot camp (you heard right)!
Boot camps are offered to customers for FREE following your first service. Depending on what you’re in the mood for, you can choose a Style Boot Camp or a Makeup Boot Camp.
- Style Boot Camp
- When you enlist, their experts will help you learn how to style your hair at home as if you just stepped out of the salon. Bring your tools (brush, blow dryer, curling irons and styling products) and they will shampoo/condition your hair, and guide you through the styling process one step at a time, giving you hair tips and recommendations along the way.
- Makeup Boot Camp
- Struggling with proper makeup application? This boot camp teaches you how to simplify the process, tricks of the trade and the latest techniques. Need to go from a day to night look? They will show you how to transform in one to two easy steps. Be sure to bring your makeup bag (all eye and face makeup, as well as brushes/applicators) and their experts will guide you through each application step.
Quite the complimentary service!
Woodhouse Day Spa
The Woodhouse Day Spa, located at The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove, takes you through a journey of peace and relaxation. While you chant “ohm” and meditate in your luxurious robe and reflexology sandals in their relaxation lounge, you can enjoy a beverage and prepare to indulge in your choice of more than 70 rejuvenating spa treatments including a massage, skin care, body treatments, waxing and nail services. Bonus tip – take advantage of their sleep treatments! Here is a sampling of what they offer:
- Lavender Dreams
- This exclusive massage experience uses wild crafted lavender and purposeful massage techniques to help you unwind, decompress and relax into a restful state. You will wake feeling refreshed and renewed!
- Deep Sleep Massage
- One of its kind, this deeply relaxing head, neck and shoulder/back massage uses warmed organic aromatherapy oils specifically designed for limitless relaxation. A calming tea ritual follows with a heated herbal compress placed on tense back muscles to melt away the stress as you fall into a deep slumber.
Remember to take a little time for yourself, moms. Try out any one of these salons and spas to reinvigorate your mind, body and soul. Tell us where you chose to go by posting your photos on Facebook or using the #WeLoveMNW on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to be featured on our website!
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB
Blogs By Category
Simonson's Salon and Spa is an industry leader with a reputation for full-service, upscale hair, face, body and nail services and…
The Taj Mahal is considered one of the eight wonders of the world with good reason. Not only is it built with pure white marble,…
Etica Salon is a comfortable and welcoming boutique with personalized services and one-on-one attention. We are an Aveda Lifestyle…
We are excited to bring the The Woodhouse Day Spa to Maple Grove. Voted "America's Favorite Day Spa" in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015…