Blog: 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul - Theatre
Tired of the same old dinner and a movie date but can never come up with something fun or different on the fly? Here are theatre dates that are worth a try!
41. Some of the best Broadway shows travel to Minneapolis & Saint Paul. Take your date to one of the many shows that hit Hennepin Theatre Trust's Orpheum Theatre.
42. Bring a little class to your next date night out with a trip to the opera. The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts hosts the Minnesota Opera every September through April.
43. Looking for a date idea that's a little more inexpensive? Try going to a smaller, local theatre like the Yellow Tree Theatre or Lyric Arts Main Street Stage. They're just as professional and fun as a larger theatre.
44. Enjoy an American musical or comedy at Plymouth Playhouse. Past shows have included Church Basement Ladies, the Marvelous Wonderettes, Ring of Fire: the Life & Music of Johnny Cash, and much more.
45. Combine dinner and a show into one single event at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres. It's the largest professional dinner theatre in the country.
46. Looking for an interactive theatre date? Take your date to a murder mystery comedy dinner show. The Old Spaghetti Factory in Minneapolis holds them every week.
47. Take your date to the largest regional playhouse in the country - the Guthrie Theater. Afterwards, enjoy the romantic view of the Mississippi River by walking out onto their endless bridge.
48. Learn the art of dance together at the Cowles Center for the Performing Arts. Their calendar is chock-full of contemporary, ethnic and hip-hop dance, plus ballet and theatre.
49. HUGE Improv Theatre is improv comedy at its finest. You and your date will spend the night laughing together and think "how in the world do they come up with this stuff?"
50. Hop onto the Minnesota Centennial Showboat where you and your date can experience nostalgic showboat theatre. The showboat features musical infused melodramatic plays performed by students at the University of Minnesota.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Follow our blog! Sign up to recieve our e-newsletter, The Visitor Hotdish.
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB