Blog: 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul - Music & Entertainment
Tired of the same old dinner and a movie date but can never come up with something fun or different on the fly? Over the next few months we’ll be sharing some creative date ideas (100 to be exact!) that will span throughout several categories. Below are ten dates that will be sure to entertain you!
11. Take in a show at the iconic First Avenue music club in Minneapolis, made famous by Prince’s 1984 film Purple Rain.
12. Laugh your butt off at one of Acme Comedy Club’s hilarious comedy shows in Minneapolis. Shows are six nights a week with an open mic night on Monday and national headliners throughout the week.
13. Enjoy an evening out at Town Green in Maple Grove. This band shell hosts FREE summer music and entertainment performances. Bring a chair or blanket if you want to cuddle on the lawn.
14. At the New Hope Cinema Grill, you can get that dinner-and-a-movie date without ever leaving your seat! They also have live comedy on the weekends by local and national comedians.
16. If you’re looking for jazz in Minneapolis the Dakota Jazz Club is the perfect place for a romantic date. It’s one of few establishments to serve a full menu paired with world-class music performances seven nights a week.
17. Sing along with dueling pianos at the Shout House in Downtown Minneapolis. Also, feel free to dance a little in your seat (you know you’ll want to).
18. Take a date in the middle of the week! Delight in Rush Creek Golf Club’s Sounds at Sunset in Maple Grove. Listen to live music while overlooking their beautiful golf course Wednesdays in the summer.
19. Take a trip back to the 1940s by going swing dancing with your sweetheart. Wabasha Street Caves in Saint Paul has swing night every Thursday night with a live band – beginners are certainly welcome.
20. Thursday evenings in July and August, see local musicians play at the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes’ Summer Faire Concert Series in Maple Grove. Big names include Keri Noble and Tim Mahoney.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Follow our blog! Sign up to recieve our e-newsletter, The Visitor Hotdish.
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB