Blog: 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul - Fairs & Festivals
61. Known as the “Great Minnesota Get-Together,” the Minnesota State Fair is the most popular attended event in the state. We think the best part about the fair is the food! Share different fair foods with your date so you can try old favorites and the new foods that come out every year. We recommend: Sweet Martha’s Cookies, a Pronto Pup and cheese curds – of course!
62. Learn about the Irish culture together at the annual Irish Fair of Minnesota. This three-day celebration of Irish heritage is the nation's largest free Irish Fair. It’s complete with music, dance, rugby, hurling, art, sheep herding, an Irish marketplace and beer – lots of beer.
63. The first weekend in August is always full of Art inspiration in Minneapolis. You and your date can spend time outdoors together roaming the streets and parks of Minneapolis during the Uptown Art Fair, Powderhorn Art Fair and Loring Park Art Festival. With over 600 artists showcasing their art throughout the weekend, you will be able to turn one date into three. Each art fair also provides plenty of food options to keep you energized.
64. Attending a local city festival can be fun! You and your date have three to choose from in the Minneapolis Northwest area: Earle Brown Days, Tater Daze and Maple Grove Days. Each festival is unique with plenty of fun activities to choose from.
65. Take your date back in time and dress in your favorite medieval outfits as you browse the 16th Century village at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Purchase a souvenir of hand-blown glass, bite into a huge turkey leg, take a ride on a friendly elephant, or sit back, relax and watch a hilarious stage act from the Tortuga Twins.
66. Looking for a festival in the winter? Then take your date to the Saint Paul Winter Carnival. At various locations throughout Saint Paul, the two of you can look at ice sculptures, snow sculptures, ice skate, watch fireworks, attend the parade and enjoy many other activities. Bundle up because it’s the “Coolest Celebration on Earth.”
67. Take a trip back to the golden age at the MSRA’s annual Back to the 50’s Weekend. This three-day event is filled with over 10,000 street rods and custom cars along with commercial vendors, swappers, crafters, entertainment and much more. You’ll be sure to have a “neat” time.
68. You'll find unique events in Minneapolis Northwest such as Chalkfest and Concert on the Lawn which both take place in Maple Grove. Don't miss IgboFest, celebrating Nigerian cultural heritage in Brooklyn Park. You can travel the world without leaving the city!
69. You don’t have to be German to throw on some lederhosen and enjoy the Twin Cities Oktoberfest. You and your date can enjoy beer steins full of Summit Oktoberfest, traditional Oktoberfest snacks from vendors and entertainment with traditional German music and dancing. It’s a celebration to take part in year after year; you can even make it a tradition of your own. Check out more Oktoberfest celebrations throughout the fall.
70. Lead your date through Minnesota’s largest corn maze at the Twin Cities Harvest Festival & Maze in Brooklyn Park. Every year the design of the corn maze changes, making for a new and exciting maze to come back to year after year. Once you’ve made it through the maze, climb around in the huge corn pit, listen to live music or fly up high on a helicopter ride!
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Sign up to recieve our monthly e-newsletter for all the latest events and happenings in Minneapolis Northwest and beyond.
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB