Blog: 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul - Amusement
Tired of the same old dinner and a movie date but can never come up with something fun or different on the fly? Try some of these amusement dates in the Minneapolis - St. Paul Metro!
81. Do you want to treat your date to a little “friendly competition”? Take them to Pro-Kart Indoor Racing in Maple Grove. They’re open all year round with an indoor and outdoor track. It'll surely put a smile on their face.
82. If you and your date enjoy seeking some thrills, then Valleyfair Amusement Park is the place for you. With over 75 rides and attractions (plus a water park), there’s never a shortage of fun. Sprinkle in some romantic rides like the antique autos or the Ferris wheel to slow down the day just a little bit.
83. The only Dave & Busters in the state of Minnesota is located in Minneapolis Northwest. If you and your date enjoy food and arcade games, this is a perfect date idea. Laugh and goof around together - we know you have some sweet Dance Dance Revolution skills to show off.
84. If you’ve never heard of WhirlyBall, you’re in for a treat. It’s an extremely fun “sport” that combines basketball, hockey, lacrosse, and bumper-cars. Gather some friends for a group-date (5 couples) and spend the night competing against each other.
85. Even if you and your date aren’t experienced bowlers, you have to admit that it’s quite fun – especially when you get a lucky strike. Brunswick Zone in Brooklyn Park is a great place to go bowing because it has 48 lanes, great food, a lazer tag course, a game zone arcade and cosmic bowling.
86. Take a non-competitive approach to this next date by working on each other’s swings at Extra Innings in Brooklyn Park. It’s the perfect time to get in a little closer by showing them how to properly swing a bat (you know, put your arms around them). The batting cages are available all year round and are token based ($1 for 12 pitches). It’s both fun and frugal.
87. Nickelodeon Universe isn’t just for kids. Take your date to the largest indoor amusement park in the United States! Here you can both enjoy riding the Pepsi Orange Streak, SpongeBob Square Pants Rock Bottom Plunge and the new Barnacle Blast Zip-Line. Afterwards you could get a funny caricature done.
88. Have you ever thought of an exercise date? Burn some calories together at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park. Here you can purchase packages from a 30 minute jump ($8) to a 120 minute jump ($20). They also have a Mega Jump on Saturday from 8-11pm only for those 15 years old and over.
89. Take a weekend away and spend the night at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Maple Grove. Here you can enjoy the Venetian Indoor Waterpark all year round. Hop in the spa and escape to the streets of Venice where the stars above help you relax and relish in your stay.
90. Mix things up a bit and try your luck at Mystic Lake Casino. Here you can play the slots together, grab some drinks at the DrinX Bar or take in a show in the Mystic Showroom – they tend to bring in some big name acts.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Follow our blog! Sign up to recieve our e-newsletter, The Visitor Hotdish.
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB