Blog: 10 Valentine’s Date Ideas
Our 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul was such a hit we thought we would do a spin-off of Holiday Date Ideas! Next up are Valentine's Day dates. This time of year involves romance, food and kisses. Here are 10 date ideas for you and your date to enjoy this year!
1. If you are looking to have a romantic dinner, Girvan Grille at Edinburgh USA will be serving a delicious Valentine’s dinner on both Friday & Saturday nights.
2. Leave the kids with a baby sitter, turn off the cell phone/computer, pack up a small suitcase and treat yourselves to a romantic evening away. You don’t have to travel far; the Minneapolis Northwest area has some great hotels for you to choose from.
4. Take your date out for drinks at the famous Foshay Tower. Head up to the 27th floor and experience the unique Prohibition Bar. While you’re there, venture up a few floors to the observation deck. It’ll be chilly out but the view of Minneapolis is breathtaking.
5. Skate hand-in-hand at some of the area’s best ice skating rinks. The Depot Minneapolis, Winter Skate at Rice Park, Maple Grove Community Center and Brooklyn Park Community Activity Center are great choices.
6. Make your date laugh by taking them to the Running Aces’ Valentine’s Day Comedy Show.
7. Express your love through art at the Paint Pub. Sipping wine and trying your hand at painting will make for a memorable Valentine’s Day. Plus you get to keep your masterpieces!
8. Experience dining like you never have before at Rodizio Grill. Their Valentine’s Dinner includes all-you-can eat Brazilian steaks carved up right at your table, and a slice of ‘Lover’s Cheesecake’.
9. Surprise your date with tickets to the MN Wild vs. Carolina Hurricanes game on Valentine’s Day. Try and get on the Kiss Cam!
10. Run the Valentine’s Day TC 5K. Your race bib tells fellow participants your relationship status: “single,” “it’s complicated,” or “taken”. Who knows, maybe you’ll find love! Or if you’re feeling REALLY adventurous, the 1 mile Cupid’s Undie Run also takes place on Valentine’s Day.