Blog: 100 Date Ideas in Minneapolis/St. Paul - Outdoors
Tired of the same old dinner and a movie date but can never come up with something fun or different on the fly?
Tired of the same old dinner and a movie date but can never come up with something fun or different on the fly? Over the next few months we’ll be introducing some creative date ideas (100 to be exact!) that will span throughout several categories. First up are ten dates that you can take outside!
1. From April to November you can hop on a Nice Ride bike and pedal your way around Minneapolis-St. Paul. There are several beautiful scenic routes for you to enjoy together.
2. Hiking is a healthy, fun and frugal date idea. With over 12 miles of hiking trails, Elm Creek Park Reserve is the perfect spot get some alone time together (and a great work out).
3. At Bunker Park Stables in Andover, you can enjoy the natural beauty of Bunker Hills Regional Park from horseback. They have a wide variety of horses, including draft horses, for all sizes and skill levels - no experience is necessary.
4. Commune with nature by planning a relaxing fishing date. Fish Lake, Eagle Lake, Weaver Lake and the Mississippi River are some of the best Minneapolis Northwest fishing spots.
5. Don’t let the heat stop you from going on a date this summer. Cool off together and enjoy the sun at the Elm Creek Swimming Pond in Maple Grove.
6. The great thing about a picnic in the park is that you can make it as fancy or low-key as you want (perfect for any kind of date). The Minneapolis Northwest area has plenty of parks for you to choose from.
7. Take a day and explore the Minnesota Zoo or Como Park Zoo & Conservatory hand in hand. There are plenty of photo opportunities to capture every moment of your date.
8. If you and your date are into birding, check out the Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley. You can spend time together spotting various birds and animal life while walking on three miles of trails and floating boardwalks.
9. Camping might not seem like a romantic idea at first, but it can be! Try roasting some S’mores under the stars and then sing them love songs on an acoustic guitar (or bring a radio).
10. Spice up your date with a little friendly competition. Try a recreational sport such as disc golf, corn hole, croquet, bocce ball or horseshoes. And just remember, it’s only friendly competition.
Read our other Date Ideas!
#1-10 | Outdoors
#11-20 | Music & Entertainment
#21-30 | Dining
#31-40 | Tours
#41-50 | Theatre
#51-60 | Sports
#61-70 | Fairs & Festivals
#71-80 | Breweries & Wineries
#81-90 | Amusement
#91-100 | Arts & Culture
Follow our blog! Sign up to recieve our e-newsletter, The Visitor Hotdish.
About the Author
- Minneapolis Northwest CVB